Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
The first time I read this verse was as a freshman in college right after I began my relationship with Christ. I have loved seeing God's plan unravel in my life over these past 10 years as He has called me on a journey I never would've chosen for myself. I know that this journey began before my freshmen year, but that was the first time I ever acknowledged this journey. We are all going someplace and walking towards something, and growing up I always wondered where I was going and if my life had any significance- what a relief to read this passage as an 18-year-old!
I am thankful for my hope that is found alone in Jesus Christ and for His presence in my life. I am a blessed woman who has gotten to do many, many things that I never dreamed about! I've also experienced many struggles and heartaches and broken dreams on this journey. I love how the Lord takes the darkest times and redeems them for His glory and one of the ways He does that is by imparting wisdom to us through the suffering. God is committed to each of us knowing Him in intimate ways and through knowing (and fearing!) the Lord comes much wisdom. I am excited to write about how the Lord has used many, many things to continue to draw me to Himself, I pray that whoever is reading this can relate and be encouraged as well!!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment